Subject: [Leica] FS: Konica Hexar RF - $650
From: "Dan Honemann" <dan_honemann@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2004 04:05:52 -0500

I've reduced the price on my Hexar RF to $650. It is in excellent condition,
and has been tested thoroughly with Leica lenses (I used the 28/2 asph,
35/1.4 asph, 50/2, and 75/1.4 with it extensively, as well as the CV 15
Heliar and 21 Skopar). Here are some photos of the camera:

Front: http://tinyurl.com/ywqgy
Back: http://tinyurl.com/2pbx6
With Box: http://tinyurl.com/28uco

The tape you see on the right side of the body is a small piece of black
gaffer's tape to protect the body from being scratched by the camera strap
connector (it is pristine beneath the tape). On the left side of the body,
attached to the camera strap lug, is a Lutz Konermann Sling
(http://tinyurl.com/2jsfc), which is an ingenious device that allows you to
carry the camera without a neck strap using just your middle two fingers;
it's fantastic for street shooting. I will include it with the camera.

The camera also includes all original boxes, straps, body cap, manual, etc.
I ask for the user to pay shipping (your choice which; I've had great luck
with US Priority Mail) plus insurance, which typically runs around $20.
Payment may be made by check or money order. Also, you are free to inspect
the camera and if it doesn't meet your expectations, send it back and I'll
return your check. US or Canada only, please.

I'd love to see this camera go to a rangefinder enthusiast who is looking
for a great body at an affordable price. I find the build quality of the
Hexar RF to be second only to the Leica M, and its operation to be much
easier (film loading, built-in motor winder, 1/125s flash synch, 1/4000s top
shutter speed, Av auto-exposure).

Finally, if you're interested, many of the photos I've shot that appear in
the following galleries were taken with this camera (which I used
interchangeably with my M6) and the lenses mentioned above:

Nature: http://tinyurl.com/28x9p
Portraits: http://tinyurl.com/2xnjx
Misc: http://tinyurl.com/2faxh

Cheers,