Subject: Re: Pixel resolution for 8x10 was: Re: [Leica] Reasons to use film
From: "Gerry Walden" <gwpics@aol.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2004 17:35:42 +0000

To my mind there is a certain logic that says the ppi number should be
exactly dividable by the number of inks you have. Therefore a 300 ppi
print and a 360 dpi print will both look good on a 6 colour printer,
with the 360 slightly better.

Just my inane thoughts on the subject!

Gerry

http://www.luminous-landscape.com/tutorials/understanding-series/und_resolution.shtml#need