Subject: RE: [Leica] And Now for Something Completely Different
From: "B. D. Colen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2004 09:33:47 -0500

Actually, I read this "review" yesterday, and was about to post it. But
then I realized that there is not one word about RESULTS - in fact,
there is no real indication that Van Ripper actually USED the camera,
just that he handled one. The entire thing is about how cool the camera
is; how wonderful the retro controls are - which is pretty evident just
looking at it. But there is NOTHING in this review to indicate that Van
Ripper actually USED the camera and has images from it that he can
compare to those from any other camera. Nor, if I'm not mistaken, is
there a mention of the unfortunate fact that this Leica-like camera can
only go up to 400 iso - which, it seems to me, defeats the whole idea of
the M as an available darkness camera. ;-)