Subject: Re: [Leica] Wides, 28 and shorter
From: John Collier <jbcollier@shaw.ca>
Date: Sun, 15 Feb 2004 08:18:21 -0700

Why not just buy a separate finder for your 28 lens? You already have
the 28. Some people like separate finders and others don't; you have to
try it for yourself. My only complaint with separate finders is that my
big nose makes greasy marks on the camera's viewfinder when I look
through the separate finder. It is easy to adjust the position slightly
to prevent this but sometimes I forget.

Accurate framing is just not a rangefinder positive. I have shot a ton
of film through mine and have a pretty good idea what will end up on
the neg. It is the same with separate finders, they are pretty accurate
at one distance and you estimate for the rest. I have a finder for my
24 and I use it or the complete finder of my 0.58x camera depending on
carrying constraints. I can have a 35 or 50 on the camera and the 24 in
my pocket. No need to carry the finder for an occasional wide shot. If
I am shooting primarily with the 24 I use the finder.

John Collier