Subject: RE: [Leica] Digital M
From: "Frank Filippone" <red735i@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2004 17:23:57 -0800

Epson makes LCD displays for OEMs to include in their products  ( I am a
former Epson LCD Components sales representative)..  They also are known for
consumer electronics, and in this case, digital cameras ( and printers).

The fact that a camera was shown under a glass dome, with what looks to me
like a watch face screwed to the top, a film advance lever ( who needs that
in a digital camera?), a prominent Epson label on the back under a LCD
screen, in a camera that looks like a Cosina ( Bessa), actually means
nothing to me.  There is no formal announcement from Epson.  There is
something under a glass lid in a display case in Vegas.  Those of you that
are forecasting Leica displays, sensor sizes, storage type or even whether
the thing has a remote control for time lapse Photography, should get
something more to do with your time.  When it gets announced formally, then
you can get your knickers in a knot.  For now, for what we see, for what we
know as facts ( NOTHING!) this is way out of hand.

It is still vaporware, until it hits the stores......

Now can we discuss something real?  Maybe even Leica related?  But real.

Frank Filippone
red735i@earthlink.net

Replies: Reply from "animal" <s.jessurun95@chello.nl> (Re: [Leica] Digital M(focal length question))