Subject: [Leica] Leica Press release Re digital M
From: Howard Cummer <cummer@netvigator.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2004 14:13:01 +0800

Hi Luggers,
For those of you (like me) who might have had trouble accessing the
details of the above press release from previous postings here is an
URL that worked for me:

http://www.leica-camera.com/unternehmen/presse/data/03729/index_e.html

The last para, as I read it, says the M feel will be maintained and the
old range / viewfinder (or something like it) will be used and our old
M lenses will work. This is all good news, while waiting the two or
more years that this will take, and waiting for the early adopters to
work the bugs out of the first batches, I will continue with my film
M's and R's (which I am using less and less) and my Canon digital,
using R lenses via adaptors, (which I am using more and more). From my
experience 10 Mb will be more than enough. I get great Super A3 (13" X
19") prints out of my Epson Photo 1290 using Leica R lenses on the
Canon D60 with just 6 Mb.

Regards
Howard (in sunny warmer (at last!) Hong Kong)