Subject: Re: [Leica] Development Of Leica's Digital 'M' To Take About 2 Years
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@rabinergroup.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2004 21:07:19 -0800

On 2/11/04 6:06 AM, "Slobodan Dimitrov" <s.dimitrov@charter.net> wrote:

> I'm curious to see what their 10 meg sensor will be.
> I heard recently that the 11 meg sensor on the Canon is in reality 2 sensors
> stitched together, making the original image tiled.
> Anyone hear anything on this?
> S. Dimitrov

I don't know. Announcing a digital product to come out in two years?
I'm disappointed. Who else would announce a digital product thatıs going to
come out in two years? Why not announce 3d Tv? That could easily be figured
out in two years.
In two years if I'm still alive I'm sure someone would have discovered the
meaning of the universe. The US highway system would be in shambles because
of all the antigravity cars smashing into each other raining rubble on
peoples houses.
I'm sure it's done with sincerity but all it means to us is our lenses and M
system is not going to sink through the floor like Hassy stuff did. And
that's good news.
Assuming I'd ever sell my M stuff in the first place.
Two years is just two long to wait.
I'd hire a night shift and call it one year.
I donıt think people can conceptualize two years in the future.

And I think they should carve one out of wood or plastic paint it and hold
it up if they're going to announce something. Show us some of the people who
are working on it so we can size them up. Like the astronauts in the
beginning of the mercury space program holding a press conference. So they
can be photographed with Speed Graphics.