Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Digital M
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@rabinergroup.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2004 18:19:39 -0800

On 2/10/04 9:53 AM, "Leonard J Kapner" <ljkapner@cox.net> wrote:

> FWIW, I agree 100% with this contention. I want an M-Digital that works
> exactly like my M7. Any less functionality than that and I'm not interested.
> If I'm willing to accept compromises, a Canon G5 with a crappy viewfinder
> and way too many function buttons at ~$500 will do just fine.
>
> Len
>
> --
It seems likely that the digital M will have at least auto exposure that
would be amazing if it did not. It would make the cover of Time if it did
not. "bizarre retro device of the future of the year"
It most certainly will also have P.
And advanced Matrix of the third kind.
Welcome to the real world.
So we can get totally mindless with our Leica M glass after all these years
in Program mode.
Drink all the red dot single malt scotch we want and go out snapping. Then
hook it up to your laptops and go on autopilot.
Friends donšt let friends Photoshop plastered.
What else would it have?
TTL flash if not a flash built in.
A feature I used to cringe about and consider the sign of the amateur
dilettante.
Now it just puts a smile on my face.

No the digital M is going to be high tech not just on the charge coupled
device end. They are doing this to make money and stay in the game.

And of course if they donšt Minolta or someone else Will and soon. Cosina,
Konica.

Mark Rabiner
Photography
Portland, Oregon