Subject: Re: [Leica] OT: 4000ED misbehaving
From: Adam Bridge <abridge@mac.com>
Date: Mon, 9 Feb 2004 11:37:48 -0800

On 2004-02-09 <sonc@www.sonc.com (Sonny Carter)> thoughtfully wrote:

>Turn the scanner off, Take the usb or scsi firewire plug off the scanner,
>power it up.  Turn on the scanner and watch the LED on the scanner. It should
>blink slowly and then stay on. If it changes to a fast blink it failed the
>self test and you'll need to send it to Nikon.  If it passes, just reconnect
>and try again.

That did it!

Either that or the incantations I invoked from various arcane, inscrutable (and
illegible) documents plus the use of various symbols, artifacts and tools
(including, but not limited to, waving a mallot and ball-peen hammer with threat
to adjust it's fractal basin boundaries) that seems to have awoken it from its
stupor and produced scans that resemble the quality I was used to!

Now if it could only play the piano...

Thanks!

Adam

Replies: Reply from "Sonny Carter" <sonc@www.sonc.com> (Re: [Leica] OT: 4000ED misbehaving)