Subject: Re: [Leica] Help with Apo lens
From: Douglas Herr <telyt@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 6 Feb 2004 14:33:50 -0800 (GMT-08:00)

John Collier <jbcollier@shaw.ca> wrote:

> Wait until the digital back is released. Who knows what the lens mount
> requirements might be. Perhaps you will only be able to use ROM lenses.

>On Feb 6, 2004, at 2:31 PM, sventbh wrote:
>
>> A friend of mine suggested the first one (he is a professional
>> photographer)
>> because both should be very good and should fullfil my needs big time.
>> The
>> Module system is ROM equiped, the first one not. Is that a major
>> obstacle?

According to Leica's information at

http://www.leica-camera.com/produkte/rsystem/digitalmodul/index_e.html

any lens with the R metering cam will work.  I suspect that even this isn't nessesary, since the R8 and R9 meter cam followers rest at the nul position, and that stop-down metering will also work just as it does when using the film back.

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com