Subject: [Leica] Friday FS: !!Hexar AF and RF Everready Cases
From: Dante Stella <dante@umich.edu>
Date: Thu, 5 Feb 2004 19:53:31 -0500

You've been looking, but you haven't found them.

Now you have.

I have located several brand new generic "pleather" everready cases
that fit Hexar AF and Hexar RF.  These are about as close a fit as you
are ever going to find (well, for under the $250 that Kameraleder
wants...)

http://www.dantestella.com/technical/hexarcase.html

Hexar AF:  Konica made a useless pouch.  Kameraleder makes the Taj
Mahal.  This is the happy medium.  This one is best as a bottom half
case.  Although this case only fits 95% as well as a $250 Kameraleder
case, it doesn't cost anywhere near as much.  You can see the excellent
fit in the picture.  There may be enough stretch in the back to take
the version with quartz date.  I have (7).  Call this Style A.

Hexar RF: Konica made an $80 ultratight fit leather case that you can't
get anymore (I actually have one).  This one fits almost perfectly, and
it can take lenses up to 90mm under the top cover.  One of them should
be able to take a 135.  I have (3).  Call this Style B.

I am taking your offers over $10 each.  Cutoff is tomorrow at 5pm (GMT
- -0500)

You will probably not see anything like this again, since these were
discontinued about 20 years ago.  They were originally made for an SLR
(which ones, I have no idea) that apparently had almost exactly the
same footprint as the two modern Konica RFs.  Weird, huh?