Subject: Re: [Leica] Film "died" for me this week
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@rabinergroup.com>
Date: Wed, 04 Feb 2004 11:54:07 -0800

On 2/4/04 9:18 AM, "Ernest Nitka" <enitka@twcny.rr.com> wrote:

> John - reread Rabiner's Rabid Redux :)  Found it interesting as you did
> - Mark I agree with much of what you have written about.  On the other
> hand I too have fallen under the spell of digital and present for
> amusement
>
> http://www.enitka.com/colorado.html
>
> taken with digital elph.   I still love my M but sometimes digital is
> ok.  The new leica digital is too much $.  The elph plus my Apple iBook
> are the same as the digilux.  I'll stick with my combo
>
> ernie
>
> enitka@twcny.rr.com
> Ernestnitka@aol.com
> www.enitka.com
> On Feb 4, 2004, at 9:07 AM, John Collier wrote:

I committed the whole of last year to digital so don't get me wrong.
I'll be getting back to film this year.
Probably with the aid of a nikon LS-5000 scanner and the feeder to feed a
whole roll of negs in at a time. Probably be shooting a whole lot of C-41
and very probably color on top of that. (more information per hunk of grain)
Fuji NPZ or Kodak Portra both at 800 do doubt. And some 100 films on the
backdrop with the Balcars. It's MY darkroom that has cobwebs in it. Soon to
be spick and span and ready for action.
I'm keeping my inkjet paper sizes the same as my darkroom sizes.
11x14 and 8x10.
I somehow feel that letter sized paper needs to have a letter on it. Not a
picture.  Inkjets and darkroom prints in a plastic paged 11x14 book and it
will be darn hard to tell the different. Duotones give them away though. :)

Mark Rabiner
Photography
Portland, Oregon
http://rabinergroup.com/Catagorypages/PersonalWork.html