Subject: Re: [Leica] digital in low light
From: sam <sam@osheaven.net>
Date: Tue, 03 Feb 2004 13:50:00 -0500

Take it easy, B.D. No reason to be nasty.

There hasn't been a hell of a lot of talk about the 35mm Leica
rangefinder for a while. The drift has been about film vs digital image
quality. Let's assume that the film camera being used in comparison is
35mm because we are in a Leica forum. When the discussion drones on
about image quality, and sensor size, which is of course related, isn't
there a logic in addressing the fact that on the film side there are
medium format cameras that handle as well as 35mm cameras and outperform
digital? We haven't held digital sensor size to match only the sensors
in Leica digital cameras, have we? Why should we be so repressive about
film.

Sam S