Subject: [Leica] Re: new definition of cheap camera
From: Kyle Cassidy <KCassidy@asc.upenn.edu>
Date: Tue, 3 Feb 2004 09:19:48 -0500

>From: Jeff S <four_season_photo@yahoo.com>
>Subject: Re: [Leica] A new definition of inexpensive camera
>
>By your cost breakdown, I guess you're just passing
>the camera around and letting everyone view the pics
>off the little LCD screen. But I can even the score in
>film's favor if I just stick to passing around sheets
>of my negatives! And figuring that many Leica cameras
>are still in use 10+ years later, I think it's fair to
>expect that you'll be still using that Rebel in 2014,
>right?

Not the little lcd on the camera, the big LCD on your desk. I either use the
web for distribution, (I'm sure you've seen some of my pictures but never
the back of my camera www.kylecassidy.com if you havent), or give the client
a CD. They can print what they want. I've not done work for a magazine  or
newspaper in ... at least three years ... that wanted me to fedex them
prints rather than FTP them files.  The Internet, I think it's safe to say,
is the new paradigm for image delivery. The price of printing is now born
mostly by the end user. If I buy a new digital rebel every year and throw
the old one in the garbage, I'm still saving $2,500. which is enough to buy
an M to put on my shelf and admire.

kc

Replies: Reply from Daniel Ridings <daniel.ridings@muspro.uio.no> (Re: [Leica] Re: new definition of cheap camera)