Subject: Re: [Leica] PayPal rant
From: Mark Theken <marktheken@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 3 Feb 2004 05:34:36 -0800 (PST)

Add my name to this growing list of frustrated and
disgusted former paypal users.  Like many, my problems
occurred after the paypal was acquired by ebay.  In
the final month that I accepted paypal last year, I
paid over $340 in transaction fees.  Things were ok
until unauthorized payments were made from my paypal
linked checking account.  Hours spent on hold with
paypal phone support and a series of notarized
affidavits from my bank were required for the
redeposit of the funds to my checking account.
Unreturned phone calls promised by paypal management
and an unanswered registered letter to paypal
headquarters brought my relationship with paypal to an
end.  Paypal fees, which are comparable to the ebay
seller's commission, should insure a standard of
business ethics and conduct which paypal does not
deliver.  I feel that ebay became a difficult site to
conduct business now that paypal, as mentioned in
another post, is the de facto means of payment for
ebay purchases.