Subject: RE: [Leica] The Cat Photo submissions
From: "B. D. Colen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 1 Feb 2004 15:49:35 -0500

The judging will be underway shortly - Now that the deadline has passed,
I'll say that the judging will be based on what the judge(s) view as
photographic merit, and rather than on Kitty Kuteness. ;-)

(And, btw, in order to avoid death threats and personal animosity in
general, I have turned the duties of Head Judge over to my daughter, a
School of The Museum of Fine Arts/Tufts grad who earns her living as a
master B&W printer and, as I proudly boasted recently, printed Susan
Meiselas's current show. Oh, and without seeing a single photo her
reaction was - "Pictures of CATS? Anyone who's using their Leica to
photograph their family cat doesn't deserve to own a Leica." In response
to which I hid all my photos of our family cat and smacked her upside
the head. :-) )