Subject: Re: [Leica] MP vs. M7
From: Rei Shinozuka <shino@panix.com>
Date: Sat, 31 Jan 2004 14:04:15 -0500

jeffery, i'm with you.  my mind goes distinctly blank when i am handed
someone's camera and am trying to figure out what the icon of a stick
figure, a mountain, and a moon in the upper left means.

then i squeeze the shutter, and nothing happens, and i push harder and
still nothing happens and i turn the camera around to try to figure out
what i am doing wrong, and then the shutter lag kicks out and the flash
goes off right in my face.  at least with digital i can delete it (if i can
figure out how ("what does format card do?")).

- -rei

On Sat, Jan 31, 2004 at 12:26:53PM -0600, Jeffery Smith wrote:
> I guess I'm turning into an old fart, but what I like about Leica M
> cameras (and other RFs) is their simplicity. They are like what I
> learned on in the mid-1960's. I also like shooting with manual SLRs
> because they don't have all of the "program" features. I guess I would
> rather futz with framing and moving myself around the subject than futz
> with choosing from a dizzying selection of electronic settings many of
> which I don't fully understand.
>
> Jeffery Smith
> New Orleans, LA

- --