Subject: Re: [Leica] should be Tmax 3200 at 1600/was TriX at 800
From: Luc Bourgeois <luc@forcemajeure.qc.ca>
Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2004 21:40:48 -0500

The fullest tonality range is reached at a certain ISO, below or above
there's no shadow detail or the highs are blocked. This is essentially
based on the Zone System, and the 'ranges' of the film are usually
tested using a densitometer on the film itself. From there you then
adjust Film-Dev-Time-ISO to calibrate to your methods and taste.

LB