Subject: [Leica] OT Super Bowl Houston Visitor Rules
From: Sonny Carter <sonc@sonc.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2004 10:01:40 -0600

This was just sent to me from another list, and I figured some Leicas will be making the trip, along with their owners able to pony up the change for tickets.
Enjoy:
Super Bowl in Houston 2004For those who will be visiting the fair city of Houston for the Superbowlin January: Here are the RULES:1. You must learn to pronounce the city name. It is "Ewe-stun," not"Huestun." Oh yea, it is pronounced "San Phal-ee-pay," not "San Phileep"(San Felipe).2. Forget the traffic rules you learned elsewhere. Houston has its ownversion of traffic rules... There is no such thing as a dangeroushigh-speed chase in Houston. We all drive like that.3. All directions start with, "Go down to Loop 610".... which by theway.... has no beginning and no end.4. The Chamber of Commerce calls getting through traffic a "ScenicDrive."5. The morning rush hour is from 6:00AM to 10:00AM. The evening rush hour is from 3:00PM to 7:00PM. Friday's rush hour starts Thursday morning.6. If you actually stop at a yellow light, you will be rear-ended, orpossibly shot. When you are the first one off the starting line, count tofive when the light turns green before going, to avoid getting into anycross-traffic's way.7. Kuykendahl Road can ONLY be pronounced by a native Houstonian.8. Construction on I-10, I-45, US 59 and Loop 610 is a way of life and apermanent form of entertainment.9. All unexplained smells are explained by the phrase, "Oh, we must be inPasadena!!!"10. If someone actually has their turn signal on, it is probably a factory defect.11. All Pickup Trucks and Hummers have the total right-of-way.12. The minimum acceptable speed on Loop 610 is 85 mph.13. The wrought iron on windows in Southwest Houston is not ornamental.14. Never mess with the driver of a truck with the bumper sticker thatsays, "Keep honking, I'm reloading." In fact, don't honk at anyone inHouston!15. If you are in the left lane, and only going 70 mph in a 60 mph zone,people are not waving when they go by.16. The Sam Houston Toll road is our daily version of NASCAR.17. If it's 100 degrees....Thanksgiving must be next weekend.18. When in doubt, remember that all unmarked exits lead to Louisiana
.19. You don't have to wait for an exit to get off a freeway, just followthe ruts in the grass to the frontage road like everyone else. This is howHouston residents notify Texas Department of Transportation where exitsshould have been built.

Replies: Reply from Eric Welch <eric@jphotog.com> (Re: [Leica] OT Super Bowl Houston Visitor Rules)
Reply from Jeffery Smith <jls@runbox.com> (Re: [Leica] OT Super Bowl Houston Visitor Rules)
Reply from prm@americom.net (Re: [Leica] OT Super Bowl Houston Visitor Rules)