Subject: Re: [Leica] Dealing with Helixcamera.com
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@rabinergroup.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2004 20:54:51 -0800

On 1/20/04 1:43 PM, "Jim Hemenway" <Jim@hemenway.com> wrote:

> I've never had any trouble whatsoever with B&H or with Adorama.
>
> B&H has always had what I needed in stock... while Adorama, although
> usually a little less expensive, sometimes has to back order.  But they
> don't charge the credit card until they ship, as do some of the other
> places already mentioned by others.
>
> For example, I bought a used Xenotar f2 80mm from Adorama sight unseen,
> and received a perfect lens, which "snaps" into focus, for my 6008.
>
> I would especially stay away from Abe's of Maine.
>
> Jim - http://www.hemenway.com
>
> Xenotar rules!
> All others are mere tools.

Aren't you much better off with a credit card than with playpal? I just gave
them all my banking info by the way in a number of time consuming
interactions to get signed on with them and I'm feeling a little paranoid.

>From what I know even a sleezo store will be careful if you're using a
credit card. But no credit card it's a free for all. Smile is as notorious
as it gets from what I hear. I'd rather pay more. I should belong to
Paymore!

Mark Rabiner

Replies: Reply from Jim Hemenway <Jim@hemenway.com> (Re: [Leica] Dealing with Helixcamera.com)