Subject: RE: [Leica] Dealing with Helixcamera.com
From: "Gary Williams" <nasmformyzombie@mindspring.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2004 21:02:42 -0500

That is one of those places I avoid. I have had only ONE decent
experience
with a questionable mail-order place (Tri-State filled my order without
incident). My most recent incident was with Smile Photo.
<snip>

I'd try to get my money back and run.

Jeffery

All

I know we all like to bash photo.net from time to time, but there is a
section detailing user feedback with a on-line/mail order photo gear
shops.

http://www.photo.net/neighbor/one-subcategory?id=2

A cursory review would reveal Smile Photo has a terrible reputation.

On a better note, I can from personal experience recommend the
following:

Adorama (selection A+)
B&H (selection A++)
Delta International (gray market)
Jack's Camera (very friendly people)
KEH (selection A++)
Tamarkin (Leica expertise)

Just to name a few,

Gary Williams
Baltimore, MD "where there ain't a Leica store for miles and miles"