Subject: [Leica] Re: "there's a law..."
From: "Bill Lawlor" <wvl@infinex.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Jan 2004 19:56:36 -0800

""It's not true" that
it's illegal to photograph federal buildings, he said this week. "They
misspoke. It's certainly not illegal. But when we see people in front of
buildings taking photos we try to be as vigilant as we can.""

- - --
The last time I was bothered for taking a photo in public the subject was a
pay phone. (Threat against the communications system?)

First we learn a photographer can be arrested for photographing patrons at a
shopping mall. Now we are supposed to be afraid to photograph the buildings
we taxpayers paid for? With apologies to Mark R., what's secret about
Portland?

Next thing you know, they will arrest people of Arabic ancestry and hold
them in secret. No, this is the Land of the Free, it will never happen
here...

Covertly, Bill Lawlor

Replies: Reply from "jay.gaffney@comcast.net" <jay.gaffney@comcast.net> (Re: [Leica] Re: "there's a law...")