Subject: Re: [Leica] help- what film is in my camera?
From: Ted Grant <tedgrant@shaw.ca>
Date: Sun, 18 Jan 2004 07:07:36 -0800

eric korenman asked:
Subject: [Leica] help- what film is in my camera?

> Ok - it has starting hapening to me (at a tender early age)..
> As a weekend warrior photographer I often pick up my M7 on a Saturday
> morning to shoot.
> Counter often says frame 15 or 16 - but hmmm.. what is in camera? Did I
last
> shoot TCN or Fuji Press 400? Rats - no way to know until I finish the
roll.
> I have taken to taking a bit of the film's box and slipping it into the
> hotshoe - but it seems rather inelegant.
> To unsubscribe, see
http://mejac.palo-alto.ca.us/leica-users/unsub.html<<<<<<<<

Eric,
You're already using the best and simplest method that many have used for
years and it's "free!".

It may not "look elegant" in your eyes, but who cares? There's too many
shooters out there more concerned about their "Leica looking elegant" than
just accepting it's nothing more than a tool to take pictures. The film box
tear off is practical, slip in hot shoe simple and doesn't cost a penny! So
what's the problem?

Another thought is, don't stop shooting until you've used the last frame and
always leave your camera empty so you must load it the next time you go out
to shoot. Then you never have this concern.
ted

Replies: Reply from "eric" <leica_korenman@hotmail.com> (Re: [Leica] help- what film is in my camera?)