Subject: RE: [Leica] RE: Digilux 2 vs Panasonic LC
From: "Sam Krneta" <skrneta@mindspring.com>
Date: Sun, 11 Jan 2004 10:11:38 -0600

Sorry, Humor back on.

- -----Original Message-----
From: owner-leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
[mailto:owner-leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us] On Behalf Of Eric Welch
Sent: Thursday, January 08, 2004 12:11 AM
To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us

What are you talking about? I am hardly technically challenged. I
stated FACTS. BMW had to buy back a bunch of early cars because of
major bugs directly related to the Windows software built in. They have
them fixed now as another member of the list confirmed, and they seem
to be working great now. Just like some early Leica R8s, and R4s. But
the iDrive is hardly going to make them great. Way too many reviewers
found it to be a big hindrance to the drivability in an otherwise
worthy car.

Me? If I were crazy enough to go for that expensive a car on my income,
I'd go for the new 5 series any day and twice on Sundays. But I'd have
to sell everything else I have.

And besides, I was joking. Have a bit of a sense of humor, and don't
add to the myth that BMW drivers are the rudest on the road. We all now
it's SUV drivers! :-P

Eric Welch
Carlsbad, CA
http://www.jphotog.com

Lettin' the cat outta the bag is a whole lot easier'n puttin' it back.
- - Will Rogers
On Jan 7, 2004, at 12:45 PM, Sam Krneta wrote:

> Eric,
>
> My new 7 works like a charm. The technically challenged may have
> problems but this is the car of the future here today and it works, if
> you take the time to read the manual instead of getting in and start
> pressing buttons. I'm tired of people putting down one of the finest
> autos on the road.
>
> Simo Krneta

Mercury