Subject: Re: [Leica] Digilux 2 vs Panasonic LC
From: Clive Moss <chmphoto@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Sun, 04 Jan 2004 23:32:30 -0600

B. D. Colen said the following on 1/4/2004 12:52 PM:

> Good catch, Karen. Damn, that thing looks bigger than my Olympus E-1
> DSLR. In fact it looks like one of the "Texas Leicas." So it's $1800 for
> a HUMONGUS point-and-shoot?
Hmm. Pulls out mm ruler. Pulls out a bunch of cameras. Fiddles around. AHA.
Within millimeters of a Contax G2 with 35-70mm zoom.
Not much difference from a M6 with Noctilux (higher, narrower)
Much smaller than the Nikon D100.
Not humongous at all.
The D2's unique selling point will likely be its handling and
responsiveness. With direct mechanical controls, it will be easier to
use than the cameras with hierarchies of menus. it may not make better
pictures. But we may feel good while we take the crappy shots -- like I
tend to do now with out of focus Noctilux pics at F1.0.  Sigh -- or the
equivalent emoticon [:-(0)
- --
Clive
http://clive.moss.net