Subject: [Leica] LUG technical problems
From: Brian Reid <reid@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us>
Date: Sat, 03 Jan 2004 16:44:19 -0800

The LUG archives are now too big for the daily search index processing to finish in 24 hours. This means it's time to move it all to a newer bigger computer.

I have the computer; it's still in its cardboard shipping box. I've had it since October. I just thought I could procrastinate a little longer on switching over to it. Lot of work.

This means that the LUG archive search facility is not able to find recent messages (shades of the movie "Memento"), and it might mean that digest subscribers aren't getting the digest. I'm a little reluctant to ask for a general reply because there are 700 subscribers to the digest. So let me try this: if you are a digest subscriber and you get this message while it is January 4, could you please send me a note to reid@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us (DO NOT reply to the entire LUG) letting me know that you are getting the digest?