Subject: RE: [Leica] re: most important person at a wedding?
From: "B. D. Colen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 31 Dec 2003 17:22:40 -0500

I love the fact that YOU know what MY client wants...It's really too
funny. This bride did not want to look like "royalty." In fact, she and
her fiancé got really ticked off at the "wedding photographer" who was
doing her best to make them look like that. This bride had already hired
a "traditional" 2 1/4 wedding photographer when she saw an album of my
stuff - which, truth be told, she then 'bought me' at a charity event
where I had donated my services. She specifically bought me because she
wanted what I shoot - NOT the traditional Cinderella crap. If a bride
wants to be Cinderella, then by all means she should hire a photographer
who's into turning silk purses into sows ears - or whatever. But given
your repeated arguing with me about what my client - who you've never
met, never heard of, and know absolutely nothing about, wants, I can't
help but wonder how much you really listen to your clients when they
tell you want they want. ;-)