Subject: RE: [Leica] M3 vulcanite question
From: "Vick Ko" <vick.ko@sympatico.ca>
Date: Tue, 30 Dec 2003 22:58:00 -0500

I suggest contacting Don Goldberg:

     Don Goldberg
 2128 Vintage Drive
  Oregon, WI 53575
     608-835-3342
www.dagcamera.com

Vick

- -----Original Message-----
From: owner-leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
[mailto:owner-leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us] On Behalf Of Richard
DeLuca
Sent: Tuesday, December 30, 2003 9:54 PM
To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: [Leica] M3 vulcanite question

I have three M3s- two that are good users, and a third that is as close
to 'mint' as I have ever seen.  Unfortunately, I discovered this
afternoon that there is a tiny piece of vulcanite that has broken off of
the hinged door.  And the vulcanite around the break (just a millemeter
or two) is not adhered to the metal. The vulcanite on the door should be
entirely replaced.

Is there any repair person who replaces vulcanite that might have the
right style?  I know Leica USA has replacement vulcanite but the grain
looks nothing like the oringinal. This has me really depressed........:(

Thanks for any help,
Rich