Subject: RE: [Leica] low light practice
From: "Don Dory" <dorysrus@mindspring.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Dec 2003 07:15:42 -0500

Simon,
If you are using an optical printing system then the light scratches
that result from polishing/cleaning a negative don't really matter.  If
you are scanning then the inevitable scratches will add hours to your
time spent with the clone tool and the healing brush in PS.

When faced with removing debris from a negative that blowing will not
remove I use a piece of very well used cotton cloth, say Ted's underwear
to gently wipe any residue away.

By the way "Ted's underwear" is a real item started in one of the LUG's
periodic lens cleaning discussion how to's when Ted revealed that he
used his washed but discarded cotton undies to clean his lenses.