Subject: Re: [Leica] Not a PAW...
From: "Bill Harting" <wharting@verizon.net>
Date: Tue, 30 Dec 2003 00:02:01 -0500

BD,

Beautiful set of pictures. I think the new camera is letting you/enabling
you to see more freely and perhaps nimbly than film. I know the family will
be pleased with this set of caught moments.

Yet I miss some qualities that I think i saw in some of your other folders,
and in other venues. Maybe it is just me: in the Scene/Unseen folder for
example there is more moodiness,  irony,  shadows, wider angles here and
there, irregular lighting and greater use of depth of field. Grittier. In
the wedding set every exposure is perfect, focus is even more regularly
perfect. Hard to argue that these results aren't better. And maybe a set of
wedding pictures isn't the place to display grittiness. But then there is
that picture of the wedding guest in the field with the cellphone: was that
film? How about Phia and Harry? Sam's eyes?

You're doing amazing stuff.

bill h