Subject: [Leica] OT - Queen Mary 2
From: "Gerry Walden" <gwpics@lycos.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 28 Dec 2003 16:20:33 -0000

If it is of interest to anyone, this weekend the largest cruise liner in the
world docked in Southampton ready for her naming ceremony early in January.
It was a great moment for the port, and for those of us who live here, to
see the ship arrive and to know this is her home port. The ship is 150,000
tons, about twice as large as the Queen Elizabeth 2. The first four shots
were taken in atrocious weather conditions with driving rain and heavy mist,
not that you would know it thanks to Photoshop!

Unless you have lived your life in a port like Southampton which has been
home for the transatlantic trade for the last century, and saw the Titanic
sail, you will never understand the emotions involved. I have posted a
number of photos of her at
http://www.leica-gallery.net/gwpics/folder-6016.html for those who want to
see. I regret that these were not taken with a Leica, but are posted for
common interest.

Regards

Gerry
Gerry Walden LRPS
www.gwpics.com
Tel: 023 8046 3076

PLEASE NOTE CHANGE OF PREFERRED EMAIL ADDRESS!

Replies: Reply from Marc James Small <msmall@infionline.net> ([Leica] Queen Mary 2: Filthy Lucre)
Reply from Seth Rosner <sethrosner@direcway.com> (Re: [Leica] OT - Queen Mary 2)
Reply from Seth Rosner <sethrosner@direcway.com> (Re: [Leica] OT - Queen Mary 2)