Subject: Re: [Leica] Now just inspired - Now Beamer
From: Frank Dernie <Frank.Dernie@btinternet.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Dec 2003 07:39:00 +0000

To be strict about this I work for Williams, who are sponsored by BMW
(hence the name BMW Williams, if they weren't the prime sponsor their
name would have to follow the constructor name ie Williams-BMW) who
also supply the engine. BMW are also slightly involved in the
transmission manufacture (not design) but otherwise the whole car is
designed and made at Williams in Oxfordshire and the car is raced by
Williams engineers and mechanics with support for the engine being
provided by BMW technicians and mechanics. BMW also have a substantial
marketing presence at the track as do Hewlett Packard (we use HP
hardware for telemetry and data analysis).
The money spent on F1 nowadays is enormous, being the third biggest TV
sport in the world (after the Olympics and World Cup football - soccer)
it pulls in a huge amount of sponsorship and nowadays a F1 car costs
about 50 times more than an Indy car!
Sorry to be so far OT.
cheers
Frank