Subject: [Leica] OT "Newspeak"
From: Daniel Ridings <daniel.ridings@muspro.uio.no>
Date: Mon, 22 Dec 2003 12:56:33 +0100 (MET)

Sheesh ... I heard a press conference earlier where the phrase "attacks
against the homeland" turned up. I thought "what the ...". Surely he means
"attacks against the country."

Then I realized that progress has been made. The ultimate in PC (political
correctness). Now of course, the fascists would like to refer to "attacks
against the fatherland" but that won't work. That's not correct because of
a gender bias. "Homeland", that'll do it. Man PC has really made an
impression. :)

Daniel Ridings