Subject: Re: [Leica] OT: Minolta DiMAGE Scan Elite 5400
From: Roy Zartarian <rzartarian@snet.net>
Date: Sat, 20 Dec 2003 15:59:48 -0500

One came my way as my early Christmas present to me. I've been using it
for a little more than a month.  So far I like it.  The design of the
film strip holder is, IMHO, a real plus especially when I remember what
I went through with curled strips in the holder of the late Polaroid
Sprintscan 4000.  Scanning at 5400 is slow - approximately 90 seconds
per frame before writing of the file begins.  And at 5400 every little
bit of crud on the film appears on the screen.

The overall design is good, and installation on a Mac platform did not
require the use of intemperate language.

Roy