Subject: Re: [Leica] Digilux 2
From: "Howard L Ritter, Jr" <hlritter@mindspring.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Dec 2003 10:10:50 -0500

Jay--

Thanks for the explanation. I knew that if the focal-length equivalencies
given by Leica were correct, the sensor had to be 1/4 of the linear
dimensions of the 35mm frame, or about 9mm x 6mm. The Digilux uses the 4:3
ratio apparently, which I think makes more sense than the usual 35mm 3:2.
After all, who prints 8 x 12 enlargements?

Preposterous that Leica should be using such arbitrary, inexact, and
nonquantitative nomenclature in the 21st Century!

Anyone have any inklings of price or date?

- --howard