Subject: Re: [Leica] OT- War Photography.
From: Eric Welch <eric@jphotog.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Dec 2003 19:28:51 -0800

Sal,

Whoops, you are right. Here's a quote from Ken Jarecke:

“No one would touch my photograph,” said Jarecke.
“The excuse was that it was too upsetting, that
people didn’t want to look at that kind of thing
anymore. The truth was that the U.S. press collaborated
in keeping silent about the consequences of the Gulf War
and who was responsible."

Seems the London Observer was the only one to print it right off.

I must have been thinking of another photo. If I figure it out, I'll
let you all know.