Subject: [Leica] Another Equipment question
From: Tina Manley <images@InfoAve.Net>
Date: Mon, 15 Dec 2003 14:31:00 -0500

LUG:

I'm still packing - about the only time I really examine my cameras and
lenses!  I've got the Telyt-R 400mm, 560mm f/6.8 lenses and each has an
identical looking tube that mounts into the R and has a screw connection
for the actual lens.  The tubes look identical and are interchangeable
except one has glass in the middle of the tube and the other doesn't.  What
is the difference?  I've evidently used them interchangeably and never
noticed the glass in one.  I'm only taking the 400mm lens to Ecuador, but I
don't know which tube to take with it.

Thanks,

Tina

Tina Manley, ASMP