Subject: Re: [Leica] 35mm color vs. the tyranny of the masses
From: Eric Welch <eric@jphotog.com>
Date: Sun, 7 Dec 2003 21:34:38 -0800

Well when I was beta testing the film, it came with the developer (with
some strange in-house name which I think was nothing but numbers and
special characters).

While shooting a photo essay on illegal drugs effect on Northwest
Missouri, I once accidentally shot P3200 at 400. It was in a classroom
with a teacher and some students and outside was bright sun on snow. It
was an important picture and I realized what happened before I
developed it. So I scratched my head for about an hour and figured out
a processing time I thought might work.

It was unbelievable! Not only did the teacher and students come out
perfect, but you could see every detail outside as well. And the grain
was phenomenal. I guess I should tell John Sexton about my "discovery."

On Dec 7, 2003, at 7:00 PM, Mark Rabiner wrote:

> So yes I think it was after the 3200 or TMZ that the developer came out
> and partially to justify the 3200 number on the new box. Not my cup of
> reducing agent.
Eric Welch
Carlsbad, CA
http://www.jphotog.com

His bad opponent's "facts" he sweeps away,
And drags his sophistry to light of day;
Then swears they're pushed to madness who resort
To falsehood of so desperate a sort.
Not so; like sods upon a dead man's breast,
He lies most lightly who the least is pressed.
                                                         Polydore Smith

Replies: Reply from Mark Rabiner <mark@rabinergroup.com> (Re: [Leica] 35mm color vs. the tyranny of the masses)
Message from Mark Rabiner <mark@rabinergroup.com> (Re: [Leica] 35mm color vs. the tyranny of the masses)
Message from Eric Welch <eric@jphotog.com> (Re: [Leica] 35mm color vs. the tyranny of the masses)