Subject: Re: [Leica] Digilux not same as Lumix apparently (was Re: The LEICA DIGILUX 2 is announced)
From: Eric Welch <eric@jphotog.com>
Date: Thu, 4 Dec 2003 22:53:39 -0800

No, that's the whole point of RAW, the image is straight from the
sensor, no processing. Other than to create the RAW file format. No
sharpening, no color correction, no filtering.

On Dec 4, 2003, at 7:53 PM, Henning Wulff wrote:

> At 6:10 PM -0800 12/4/03, Eric Welch wrote:
>> Phase one can't match Photoshop for control.
>>
>> But I was talking about Photoshop Elements. A great program, but it
>> can't handle RAW files for one thing. It's not for the pre-press
>> world I'm in.
>>
>> Phase-One might be good, but I prefer to process my photos with the
>> best out there. And that's Photoshop 8. Let the sensor dump the data
>> onto the CF card with no processing at all.
>
> That's not possible. All cameras do some processing.
>
>> On Dec 4, 2003, at 6:50 AM, George Lottermoser wrote:
>>
>>> At this point in time the PhaseOne alledgedly has the best software
>>> for handling 'raw' files, regardless of camera. In other words if
>>> you buy your Canon 10D, you're going to want to spend the additional
>>> $500 bucks for PhaseOne's software.
>>
>> Eric Welch
>> Carlsbad, CA
>> http://www.jphotog.com
>>
>> "There exists a limit to the force even the most powerful may apply
>> without destroying themselves. Judging this limit is the true
>> artistry of government. Misuse of power is the fatal sin. The law
>> cannot be a tool of vengeance, never a hostage, nor a mortification
>> against the martyrs it has created. You cannot threaten any
>> individual and escape the consequences."
>> --  Frank Herbert
>>
>> --
>

> --
>    *            Henning J. Wulff
>   /|\      Wulff Photography & Design
>  /###\   mailto:henningw@archiphoto.com
>  |[ ]|     http://www.archiphoto.com
> --

Eric Welch
Carlsbad, CA
http://www.jphotog.com

Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad
judgment. - Will Rogers

Replies: Reply from Henning Wulff <henningw@archiphoto.com> (Re: [Leica] Digilux not same as Lumix apparently (was Re: The LEICA DIGILUX 2 is announced))
In reply to: Message from George Lottermoser <imagist@imagist.cnc.net> (Re: [Leica] Digilux not same as Lumix apparently (was Re: The LEICA DIGILUX 2 is announced))
Message from Eric Welch <eric@jphotog.com> (Re: [Leica] Digilux not same as Lumix apparently (was Re: The LEICA DIGILUX 2 is announced))