Subject: Re: [Leica] need help with lens
From: Doug Herr <telyt@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 30 Nov 2003 17:25:50 -0800

on 11/30/03 8:37 AM, Timothy Mitchell at timothy.timothymitchell@verizon.net
wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> I am looking for a low cost telephoto lens for my R3 Mot Leica.  On
> ebay, there is a new Phonenix/Samyang 500mm Lens.  The profile says
> it's for Leica R/Leica Flex.  It only costs $109.  Is this worth
> bidding for?
>
> Thanks for your help.
>
> Timothy Mitchell

I think you'd be better off with a Spiraton Plura-coat 400mm f/6.3.  They
can be found on ebay and they'll often sell for under $100.  You'll also
need a Leica-R T-mount adapter, about $20.  If the t-mount adapter has a nul
cam your metering will work fine.  If not you may need to apply some
exposure compensation; for example the R4s and R4sP need +1.5 stops
compensation when used with anything that doesn't have the 3rd nul cam.

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com

Replies: Reply from JCB <jcb@visualimpressions.com> ([Leica] Re: need help with lens)