Subject: Re: [Leica] Panasonic DMC-FZ10 with Vario-Elmarit lens
From: Clive Moss <chmphoto@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Sat, 29 Nov 2003 08:58:24 -0600

Frank Dernie said the following on 11/28/2003 11:15 PM:
> I would expect the performance to be limited by the sensor size - it has
> the really minute one about 4x6mm half the size of my little fingernail,
> probably to keep cost and size down. IME the size of the sensor is as
> important in digital cameras as in film for overall quality.
> cheers
That's my concern as well. Seems to me that once the resolution gets
above 4MP, sensor size becomes the primary determinant of image quality.
Just like film -- it will be easier to get good image quality from a
larger format than a smaller format. On the other hand, thats what
"they" have been saying about 35mm for the last 70 years or so -- and I
still use 35mm.

- --
Clive
http://clive.moss.net