Subject: Re: [Leica] Summer Dance (Chicago) Photos
From: "Michael Volow" <mvolo@acpub.duke.edu>
Date: Sat, 22 Nov 2003 15:39:32 -0500

Looked at your pictures. Photographing dancers (in my limited experience) is
like photographing any motion sport. Make the subject fairly large in the
frame (hard to do with a 50mm lens) and use a motorized camera with a short,
fast telephoto to get multiple shots of a singlecouple moving. One in ten
shots may have an interesting, non-awkward, posture. Since the lighting is
usually poor in many dance situations you will have to circle around a
particular couple to find a spot where the lighting strikes them well.