Subject: RE: [Leica] XXX of the YYY? WAS (something else) (fwd)
From: "B. D. Colen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 21 Nov 2003 22:27:00 -0500

I know you know.;-)

- -----Original Message-----
From: owner-leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
[mailto:owner-leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us] On Behalf Of Eric Welch
Sent: Friday, November 21, 2003 9:19 PM
To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us

Yeah, I know all that stuff. We studied them in journalism school. We
knew all the issues that came from their employment and shooting lists,
etc. They were greats for their time, and the served their purpose
well. Of course, with Republican historical revisionists, it will be
considered the worst photography ever done in the history of the world
and it only made people poorer.

On Nov 21, 2003, at 4:48 AM, B. D. Colen wrote:

> Easy, big guy..:-) I wasn't criticizing the photographers - many of
> whom
> are among the Greats - or the work, which speaks for itself. I was
> simply pointing out that the work IS propaganda, produced for a
> government propaganda agency, and needs to be considered on those
> terms.
> That was NOT what we would today call documentary work or
> photojournalism.
Eric
Carlsbad, CA

Associate not with evil men, lest you increase their number. - George
Herbert