Subject: Re: [Leica] Cranberry sauce! ;-)
From: Ted Grant <tedgrant@shaw.ca>
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2003 23:32:49 -0800

Jerry Lehrer said:
> Ted
>
> We have been making the cranberry relish with grated orange zest and
> GRAND Marnier for 20 years.<<<

Jerry yer my kind of guy for cooking!! ;-)
Adam Bridge offered:
Our cranberry relish (not sauce) looks like this:

1 bag of cranberries
2 sweet apples (fresh red delicious seem to work best)
2 oranges
wash the cranberries    cut the apples into slices, don't peel, don't core
cut the oranges into slices, don't peel I recommend using your basic
hand-grinder (perfect for Leica users) and grinding the cranberries, apple
slices, and orange slices together into a bowl.

Add sugar to taste, about 3/4 cup seems about right.
Put in jars and keep refrigerated until serving.

You can adjust the ratios to meet your own need but these are a pretty good
place to start.
Makes about a quart of relish.

mmmmmm....headed for the grinder now....<<<<<

Hi Adam,
My wife made a similar relish last Christmas and it was smashing! Great
fresh sharp taste that left me wanting more.  And not a drop of Grand
Marnier, just a clean wonderful home done kind of relish.

Thanks for the recipe reminder as I'll have to get her cranked up to do more
for this Christmas. :-)
ted

Message from Ted Grant <tedgrant@shaw.ca> ([Leica] Cranberry sauce! ;-))
Message from Jerry Lehrer <jerryleh@pacbell.net> (Re: [Leica] Cranberry sauce! ;-))