Subject: Re: [Leica] Digital Leica?
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@rabinergroup.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2003 19:15:23 -0800

Slobodan Dimitrov wrote:

> Speaking of which, anyone out there have any samples of digital shots at F2?
> Slobodan Dimitrov
>
> ----------
> >From: Roy Zartarian <rzartarian@snet.net>
> >To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
> >Subject: Re: [Leica] Digital Leica?
> >Date: Wed, Nov 19, 2003, 5:24 PM
> >

> > That particular characteristic of the digital camera struck home last
> > summer when I was looking through the online portfolio of photos of a
> > wedding I had attended.  The pictures - especially the outdoor formals
> > -  just didn't look right with the background shrubbery in focus.
> >
> > One labor-intensive way to deal with this is the selective application
> > of Gaussian blur.  My attempt at at better bokeh through the blur is at:
> > http://www.royzart.com/blur.html
><Snip>

Wow is that the same software they used to sharpen up the shots taken
with the deranged Hubble space telescope? I read today they're used to
sharpen up shots from a pinhole camera!
It's amazing what they can sharpen up! Where do they pull that
information out of?!!!

Mark Rabiner

Portland, Oregon USA
http://www.rabinergroup.com