Subject: [Leica] When I was a kid ( Lemonade)
From: "Emanuel Lowi" <mano@vif.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Nov 2003 08:02:52 -0500

I always make the syrup by adding the sugar to boiled water too, then cool it down
instantly over ice. You can make ice tea from hot fresh tea this way too -- just fill
a tall glass with ice cubes and pour the hot tea in and stir -- it's instantly iced
(a Malaysian friend taught me that!). And that old-fashioned glass juicer I got from
the Waltham, Mass. Goodwill in 1980 is as precious to me as any Leica glass. Rips
through the hardest lemon (but lime juice is even nicer). Stays on the toppest shelf
far from the kids' klutzy fingers.

Emanuel Lowi
Montreal