Subject: [Leica] Posting to the LUG
From: Daniel Ridings <daniel.ridings@muspro.uio.no>
Date: Fri, 14 Nov 2003 08:45:15 +0100 (MET)

Very curious. I can post to the LUG, obviously, but I have five replies
concerning a discussion I don't dare to mention (because I think the
subject line is being used as a filter somewhere along the line) and those
replies do NOT get through. I tried four times yesterday. I would post
something else inbetween those replies, and the something else would make
it through, but not the ones dealing with the press.

My US friends tell me there is a known problem of getting mail into AOL
from outside the country (probably an attempt to keep spam down), but I
hadn't noticed it here.

Does someone know if there is some experimental spam software running at
some gateways? I know that my own spam filter tends to categorize some
legit postings as spam. It just gets moved to a separate folder, not
thrown away.

The replies weren't important ... someone had asked "who are these people"
and I checked it out here in Sweden ... members of the major media
players, things like that. And I agreed with Eric on the principles being
untouchable ... more problems with the implementations.

So I'll just stick to my Leicas :) They seem to make it through.

Daniel

Replies: Reply from Brian Reid <reid@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us> (Re: [Leica] Posting to the LUG)