Subject: [Leica] Leica Digilux - ON TOPIC!! :-)
From: Peter Dzwig <pdzwig@summaventures.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2003 19:07:58 +0000

Dear List,

went out with my Digilux and my IIIf for a walk over the hills to
photograph thills and the fog - and because the dog wanted a walk :-) .

Started shooting mostly with the IIIf, then switched to the Digilux and
got a terrible series of white - OK "fogged" - images where there was
only thin fog covering hills, with detail in it .....was using manual
settings with weighted averaging so it should have performed like a
digital version of a real camera.

It looks like there might be a problem with the camera in responding to
situations with high scattered light content. I notice that on the
bright autumn days that we have had here recently the blue content of
images with misty sky or similar content has been quite high - more than
I would expect.

Anyone any thoughts on this? Anyone any similar experiences? I am
perfectly willing to admit that it may be photgrapher fault, but reckon
I can fairly discount that.

I am sure that the IIIf will perform faultlessly as usual - in B&W of
course!

Peter Dzwig
Cranleigh, UK

Replies: Reply from Daniel Ridings <daniel.ridings@muspro.uio.no> (Re: [Leica] Leica Digilux - ON TOPIC!! :-))