Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: the cute little tiny kittens
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@rabinergroup.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2003 16:32:56 -0800

Kyle Cassidy wrote:

> >http://www.bonsaikitten.com/
>
> >Re: the above link, I really fail to see the humor in this sick garbage.
> Let's hope for your sake >(whoever you are) that we don't ever meet in
> person.  I'd love to show you how to re-experience
> >your own birth through a small opening in your car window.
> >
> >The idiot that placed this link on the LUG should be dismissed from the
> group.
>
> As the lug's resident animal rights activist, I feel alright saying that
> this is not only a joke, but a cute and funny one. Now, when people start
> posting photos of dead animals boiling in pots on their stove, I'm thinking
> "yeah, it's time to kick this sicko off of the LUG"....
>
> Here's my own bonsai kitten:
>
> http://www.asc.upenn.edu/usr/cassidy/temp/tatty2.jpg
>
> She's just naturally small. No growing in a bottle necessary.
>
> Kyle
> --

Nice shot of a nice looking kitty Kyle but you've lost me!
The site a cute and funny joke?
My cat weights only 8 pounds due i think to an early diet of beans and
rice a tangent I was on at the time.
Neither of our cats are small becuse they grew up in a bottle.
Maybe some terms should be looked at.

Apparently Bonsai means small or dwarfed grown in shallow open pan.
It does not mean grown in a bottle to make it asymmetrical or oddly
shaped grotesque or otherwise. Those are "Ming" trees from what i've
just looked up.
I'll admit to being fooled at first by the shots of the kittens on that
site and it was not a pleasant experience thinking this was really
happening. I'm sure most people are fooled at first an many never catch
on. I dont agree this is a funny trick that is being played on them or me.
I don't agree the sight of kittens smushed into glass containers as a
"cute and funny joke".
Is this what you really mean to say?

Mark Rabiner

Portland, Oregon USA