Subject: [Leica] Best (and simplest) bread pudding in the world!
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@rabinergroup.com>
Date: Sun, 09 Nov 2003 22:09:46 -0800

Here is the best (and simplest) bread pudding in the world.
Serve it with whipping cream whipped with brown sugar and vanilla.

2 eggs, beaten
I large can evap. Milk, plus 1/4 C. Whole milk
1 and1/4 C sugar
1tsp vanilla
6 slices of bread broken in pieces
butter
nutmeg
Mix eggs, milk, sugar and vanilla in an 11-7 baking dish.
Add bread and  stir to moisten.  Dot with butter (I admit to using lots
of dots) and  sprinkle very lightly with nutmeg.
Bake 30 minutes at 350 or microwave on  high for 12-15 minutes. Or
conventional oven
This is best bread pudding I've ever had.

The secret might be that unsophisticated but  effective cup and a fourth
of sugar!

Make this and I will be your favorite person for life!

Mark Rabiner

Portland, Oregon USA
http://www.rabinergroup.com

Replies: Reply from Eric Welch <eric@jphotog.com> (Re: [Leica] Best (and simplest) bread pudding in the world!)